Should Kids Go Screen-Free?

kids-and-nonverbal-cues-e1434991712486-537x403

Should kids go screen-free for a week?  Write a paragraph stating your opinion, supporting it with AT LEAST 3 REASONS, and writing a concluding sentence.  You can use ideas from the Scholastic News article or your own ideas.

20 thoughts on “Should Kids Go Screen-Free?

1. No, kids shouldn’t go screen-free for a week. First of all, if they need to make an urgent call they would be able to make any calls. Besides that, if kids need to do research on a project how will get the research done fast. Finally, if kids need to do something online for homework how can they do it without the screen. As you can see, there are many reasons why shouldn’t go screen-free for a week.

2. I think kids should go screen free for at least a month. One reason is they get bad influense off different things. Another reason is they spend to much time on screens. One last reason is it could lead to obesity. So that show kids should go screen free.

3. I think kids need to get a screen _ free for a week. Here are some reasons. First they are in the screen for hours. Next they will not stop watching the screen. Finally they could become blind and need glasses. So that is why kids should have a screen _ free for a week.😀😀

4. I think they should not because they might be going to other websites some kids can use because they would not get the websites that’s what I think.So the free screen weekend is a great thing to do.

5. I think it’s not a good idea for kids to go screen free I will tell you why. First of all they won’t be able to do homework assignments online. Second they won’t be able to do anything when they have free time at home. Third they won’t be able to call anyone who is in their family. That is why they shouldn’t have to go screen free for a week.

6. I think that kids should go screen free a week. First of all, thats kids might get blind by watching the screen to much.Besides that,they can go on inappropriate things that they don’t need to see . Finally that, they can get some bad influence so, that why kids should go screen free for a week.

7. I think they should not go on screen for a week.First of all,kids can get blind and not see.Second,kids should not be on screen for a week because they can hurt their ear drums and not able to hear.Third of all, why they shouldn’t be in screen for a week because they can se something inappropriate.So that’s why they shouldn’t be on the screen for 7 days

8. Kids shouldn’t go screen free because they are in the 21st century and they might have to do a project and they might need it because what if something important happens.

9. I think we shouldnt go screen free for a week because what if we need to do a project or something online and we cant use tecnology. 😀

10. I think kids should go screen free for week days. First of all it is bad for their eyes. Seconded of all they will be on it all day and that’s not good. Lastly they will not want to take time to eat or interact with their family members because they are stuck to it. There are many more reasons kids shouldn’t use a screen on week days. They should only be able to use the screen when they need to do a project or something that is assigned by an teacher or parent.

11. Kids should not go screen free. One reason is kids should not be screen free is that they will bother their parents. Second they will have nothing to do. Third they will do nothing, but wait until they can play so this is why kids should not go screen free.

12. Do you want your kids to not complete there home work making them not perfect which makes them feel bad about themselves just because the homework was electronic and they couldn’t use any electronics for a week. Well, that is why kids should never be screen free for a week. First of all, if they have homework that has to do with a screen they won’t be able to do it. Second, if they have nothing to do they will definitely want to go and play on their phone📱. Finally, if they need a calculator and don’t have an actual calculator of course they are going to use there phone. So that is why kids should never ever be screen free for a week.

13. I think kids should go screen free First of all,they should get to see more of the outside world Also they should be able to be more into outside activities like sports or others last reason is they could get their eyes damaged and could get less sleep and probably be sleepy in a test

14. I think we should have screen free week because we noted top protect our eyes so you don’t need to wear glasses. Another reason is that you can have more time time to spent with your family. Lastly you can get more sleep so you can wake up early and be ready for school and get goods grades.

15. In my opinion,kid should not go screen free.First of all,we always know that education go first.Even though some people argue that kids or childrens could get blind,it dosent mean that you are using the computer or any devices for a long period.Lastly,they weill not bother their parents.They know that they have something to do after all.And they will not get bored.

16. Some people think kids should go screen free, but I don’t think they should. First, kids need to you it for homework assignments. Next, they might need it to use urgent calls to call their parents for something important. Lastly, they can watch educational channel to help them learn. In conclusion, these are some reasons why kids shouldn’t go screen free. – Ariana

17. In my opinion,I personally think that kids should not go screen free.They will get bored,argue,and they will bother parents.

18. I think kids shouldnt go screen free for a week because what if you cant make an emergency call? If you don’t have a phone you cannot make the call. And second of all, looking at screens can lead to new emotions or life experiences.

19. I say there should not be a screen free week for kids because I am in collage and without my lab top I COULD NOT DO MY HOMEWORK!!!! Like really without screens i could not do my homework.