Gifts not necessary?

stampouthunger

After Marty asks the storekeeper for discounted food, people in the community begin leaving gifts of food in their mailboxes. How do you think the people of the community would feel if they knew that the Prestons do not really need help?

This entry was posted in Uncategorized by Mrs. Ngai. Bookmark the permalink.

About Mrs. Ngai

My name is Mrs. Ngai and I am currently a 5th grade teacher in the Math, Science, Technology Magnet at Montara Elementary School. I love using technology in the classroom and am really excited about using this blog with my students! In addition to technology, I also love chocolate, traveling, learning new languages, and trying new food from many different cultures!

7 thoughts on “Gifts not necessary?

1. I think that they will be mad at the family because they don’t need the help and they might take it back

2. I think that they will feel mad at the Prestons family for needing help but i think that they dont need help but they do because they need extra food for shiloh .

3. I think that the people of the community will not be mad at the Prestons.I think that the people of the community will actually be upset with mister Wallace for telling them that the Prestons needed food.

4. I think they will be mad at the Preston’s because first they lied to them second because they keep on going with it.I also think they will be mad because the Preston’s didn’t tell them and they kept on giving them alot of food when they did not need it but they would be mad at Marty because he asked for a discount.

5. I think that the people will feel angry and betrayed. They will feel like they were used and they won’t be able to trust when someone else needs help.

6. I think that the community wouldn’t trust the Prestons any more for example if Marty said that he needs medicine for Dara Lynn while he is at the store they might bot believe him so they won’t give the medicine to him.Also David Howarrd’s mom might tell him he can’t go to Marty’s house any more.

7. The community might be embarrassed because they don’t actually need help. So the might find out and they just realize that they were giving them food for no reason. So they might be embarrassed. Also the community might be mad or don’t trust him because they’ve been giving them food when the community could’ve been saving food for themselves. For example if Marty wants to come over and eat with David Howard his mom might be like or say ” Don’t you have enough food at your house!” So the community might be embarrassed or mad.