Tall Boy

8474724_2_l

What character trait can you give Tall Boy after throwing the lance at the Long Knives?  Support your response with text evidence.

20 thoughts on “Tall Boy

1. He must be brave to to through something at the enime while he’s seriously injured. Plus the thing is he’s lucky the spainaird didn’t shoot he since Tall boy almost knocked him out or could of killed him. So that would took guts. FurtherMore Tall Boy would have hit the spainaird if he can use his right arm but he couldn’t since he was very injured. Tall Boy was the most great warrior that can through very GOOD. Oh and finally answering the question Tall Boy’s Character trait is that he’s smart,brave,strong and never gives Up.

2. I would give tall boy an okay character trait because he tried his best even though he couldn’t do it because his arm was hurt. I wouldn’t be mad at tall boy it wasn’t his fault that he throw the lance if he couldn’t do it then he couldn’t do it.

3. That maybe he’s scared of them because it says in the text,”He had the same shamed look about him that I had seen when he fled from the long knives,his lance lying broken upon the ground.”Thats why I think he’s afraid of them.

4. I think he was serious and that he shouldn’t of done that. I say this because what if he got hurt or worst. I support this with evidence because in the text it says it broke. If it didn’t break and hit the Lpng Knive he could of gotten hurt. On the other hand I think it was right so he could get revenge. So I can go ether way because both of them are right to do to the Long Knives.

5. The thing I were going to tell Tall Boy that it doesn’t matter if you miss that first time to the people you don’t like.Nothing has to be perfect how you want it to be .Not mostly everything you you want to come out it doesn’t come out how you want it to come out. I know that feel shy because this is the first timeyour town see you miss a bad guys shot so it okay yo feel that way.It happen to everyone.

6. i think that tall boy after they thrown the lance so that when tall boy he had the same when tall boy whants him to do a to help him and i think that the place where the long knives captured tall boy and the long knives told tall boy to join us to the war.

7. I think that he is now disappointed with himself because he might think if it wasn’t for me this wouldn’t have happened.I think it wasn’t his fault,yes he totally messed up,but at least he tried his best.I also think he is strong because he had the courage to try to throw the lance at the new leader,I know this because no one else tried to throw a lance at the leader.I think the shows strength because nobody else tried to do it,he just wanted to try to protect the tribe to also prove to Bright Morning’s dad that he can help protect the tribe.So those are the character traits that I would give to Tall Boy disappointed but also strong.

8. I think that Tall Boy’s character traits at this point of the story is that he is not haughty as he once was. Now, I think of him as afraid, discouraged, and lonely. I think this because after he threw the lance in the story, he ran back to his hiding spot like a little shameless boy, like Bright Morning said. I also think that he feels like if he let down everybody because if he didn’t miss with the lance, he would have gotten the Long Knives’ leader.

9. I don’t blame tall boy for missing.He was injured but he should have been practicing with his left arm.I think tallboy should have snuck up behind the leader and kill him.Or he should have gave it to one of the other warriors to throw it.

10. SELFISH, thats the character trait I would give him! I mean really, your hole tribe is trying to keep hidden and your just trying to blow your cover.I know you know that there trying not to be captured to be slaves.if you think this is going to make you look stronger it isn’t.I mean think about what your doing before you do it.

11. I would of had gavin him a good trait like he is not scared of anything and that he would be a great husband for beautiful Bright Morning .But after I read the part where Tall Boy flees I thought that he is not tough like I thought he is not brave after all. Tall Boy would’t be a good husband for Bright Morning after all. He should not go back to the Navaho tribe even if he has good thoughts it wouldn’t work if he flees every time he gets scared . So that is my thought I don’t know if you guys think the same thing but I’ll give him a not bad trait to Tall Boy because I do understand him because maybe when he saw the Long Knives he must of gotten scared.I have spoken:)

12. I think that he is just making it wears for all of them for throwing the lance at the long knives and he could have just be quite but he had t throw the lance but he did that to show that he is still strong. And i think maybe he wanted to fight them but like they shot his arm he fells like the is not needed and he wanted to show them that even thought he can’t use this arm he want to be useful. He is sad and he fells that he could never use his arm again and i fell bad for him having to go through getting shot and having his house not there and i fell bad for him but still mad.

13. I think that he is dumb. First of all why would he even try to throw it if he knows that he can not throw it and he has a broken hand.But then at the same time he is smart cause right after he threw it he hid behind the tree.so that i have to admit he was smart right there in the moment.

14. I think that the character trait in this story is that tall boy acts strong or all brave haughty just because he killed a bear so what I think is he acts all that in front of the other people. And he said to Bright Morning that he went their for an other reason.

15. the character trait that i will give tall boy is that he was brave enough to through the lance at the long knives.i think that tall boy is brave an scared because after he through the lance he got scared and was hid in behind the tree.

16. I would tell tall boy why did he do that they might kill him.Another thing I would tell tall that why would he do that in the world.And he is risking his live.And he is so mad at him.

17. I think because of his shot on his right arm (his injury) I think he is not the warrior the Navajo village remembers. The character trait I can give him is he is probably embarrassed,a little ashamed,confused ,and maybe a little depressed.I know that he might of felt a little embarrassed because on page 89 t says about what when Tall Boy threw the lance ,the evidence”,Tall Boy,as soon as he had thrown the lance,dodged behind the tree where e had hidden before,backed away into the brush and quietly disappeared.”

18. I think that he was very foolish because one of the long knives could have killed him. He should be more care full because of his injury. He is in danger. Because he can not use his right arm.;)

19. i think that it means that tall boy is tierd of the long knives and how they’re torturing the navahos. I think that it means that he is brave.

Btw : im sorry if there is misspelled words. Im using the computer and it is programed in spanish so it doesnt have auto-correct for english.