How would you react?

screen_shot_2013_03_05_at_4.40.18_pm

What do you think about the Long Knife’s ultimatum (warning) to Old Bear and the Navajo people?  Do you think it was fair?  If you were Old Bear, how would you have reacted?  What would you have said or done?

This entry was posted in Uncategorized by Mrs. Ngai. Bookmark the permalink.

About Mrs. Ngai

My name is Mrs. Ngai and I am currently a 5th grade teacher in the Math, Science, Technology Magnet at Montara Elementary School. I love using technology in the classroom and am really excited about using this blog with my students! In addition to technology, I also love chocolate, traveling, learning new languages, and trying new food from many different cultures!

8 thoughts on “How would you react?

1. I think the Long Knives warning was unfair because who are they to say what the Navajo tribe people what to do. If I was Old Bear I would react just like he did I would say okay but if our enemies (Utes) attack we will attack also.

2. I think the long knives warning was unfair because the Navajo tribe haven’t done anything to the long knives.And if I was old bear I would react the same way he did in the story calm.And I would also say is my tribe will keep the peace but if my tribe is under attack I am so sorry but we are going to have to defend ourselves so we will attack back.

3. Hm I my reaction would be who do you think you are why should we do things you tell us to do we’re indians its our culture. And that its not fair if I was old yeah of course I would be scared that if we don’t follow what they say there going to destroy there crops kill woman,children,men, and the warriors I would be very scared and at that time they asked where are warriors are and we lied to them that they’re hunting but they were raiding a tribe. And final what Id say is I don’t want to start a war but why do we have to your not a indian your from the country so why do we have to what do you have against like what
    so that my BLOG.

4. If, I were Old Bear I would react and say ”You cant say that because this isn’t your village..”I think that it wasn’t fair that the long knives tried to threaten the Navaho people.

5. The long knives have no right to tell them that there going to hang them. If I were old bear I would have told them who are you to to tell me, this is the navajos land, not yours, so you cant do nothing about that.

6. If I were Old Bear I would say that “You shouldn’t threaten us because If we attack a village if they want to they may attack us be not you if we didn’t do anything to you.” Also I think it’s not fear at all,

7. I don’t think that the long knive’s threat was fair and if I was Old Bear I would’ve been very scared and once the warriors came back I would’ve told them right away so they can fight back.☺😊😀😃😄