Write a Letter to your Explorer

worlds_greatest_exploreres_abz_hakim

If you could talk to the explorer you are studying, what would you like to tell him?  What questions would you ask him?  Think about what you’d say, and then WRITE A LETTER to your explorer!  Don’t forget the heading, greeting, body, closing, and signature in your letter.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized by Mrs. Ngai. Bookmark the permalink.

About Mrs. Ngai

My name is Mrs. Ngai and I am currently a 5th grade teacher in the Math, Science, Technology Magnet at Montara Elementary School. I love using technology in the classroom and am really excited about using this blog with my students! In addition to technology, I also love chocolate, traveling, learning new languages, and trying new food from many different cultures!

5 thoughts on “Write a Letter to your Explorer

1. Dec.10,2014
    Dear Francisco Vasquez de Coronado,

Hi, I think it’s really cool you are famous for discovering The Grand Canyon! I was wondering did you feel ashamed effort not discovering the seven cities of gold? Was life during the expedition tough,rough,and difficult?

Sincerely,curious fan,
    Anna Carmelo

2. Dec 10,2014

Dear Christopher Columbus,

I would like to know how life was back then.And what made you go on this expidition? When you started your expidition was it rough trying to get the king and queen to pay for your expedition?

Sincerely,
    Destiny A. Lopez

3. Dec.11,2014

Dear Christopher Columbus,

What I would like to ask my explorer is that how did it go on his expedition was it hard or was it easy? I would also like to ask him what did he find and why did he wanted to go on his expedition? Also that was it difficult on your expedition and was it to rough to you?

Sincerely,
    Daniela Ortega

4. Dear Francisco Vasquez De Coronado,
    I have some questions if you dont mind How are you? How was your expedition? Who paid for your trip?Was it fun? How long did it take ? Were there any problems on the way there or on the way back? These are all questions I would like for you to answer.Please write back when you have a chance.
    Sincerely,
    Barbara Jocelyn Correa<3
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5. Dec.11,2014
    Dear Christopher Columbus,

I hope you don’t mind me asking but i really wondered how was your early life? And you were one of my favorite explores who traveled to America. Just wondering is it true you were king of a town well I forgot the name but is it true u were king of that town of the age of 30-31 :D. First when I saw that in the the internet i was amazed. And don’t worry I have lots of questins 🙂 so I would be cool if you were really the only person who discoverd America. But you were not there were Native Americans and other explores.

Im sorry but that the end of it 🙁 but thank you. For taking your time readying this.

WE ALL WONT FORGET YOU

Christopher Columbus,