How Characters Change

9780780793019_p0_v1_s260x420

In a novel, characters can change a lot by the end, depending on the challenges they’ve faced, things that have happened to them, and decisions they have made.  How has Marty changed by the end of the novel?  What do you think made him change?  How has Judd changed by the end of the novel?  What do you think made Judd change?

74 thoughts on “How Characters Change

1. Well Marty changed because he lie to judd and him dad about not seeing shiloh and when he lie to him mom that he is saving the food for later.

2. Kevin R., Judd wasn’t still abusing Shiloh, because Marty had him the whole time. What was it that finally gave Marty enough courage to stand up to Judd? What event caused him to feel more powerful toward Judd?

3. Marty has change in the end of the story by how he feals about Judd and ther feelings about each other. I think he changed beacuase Judd gave him the coler so I think Judd gave him that to say to Marty that you won the batul you won my dog.Judd changed alot by the end of the story because he said shiloh he said his own name and I think that Judd changed because he saw how hard Marty was working and he saw how he woked for only one dog.

4. I think marty changed by not talking about judd any more and he is not scared of judd anymoreI think what made him change is the blackmail

5. Judd put some water for Marty while he was working also he called out Shiloh by it’s name and Judd gave the collar to Marty.

6. I like Anna’s comment because it clearly shows how the characters really changed at the end of the novel.

SO GOOD JOB ANNA

7. HEY Kevin R thats a good long comment I like the part when it said when he got shiloh it all change.

8. Benjamin great store but its not only the collar that made judd nice,there’s other details about judd being nice.

9. What Marty learned about Judd is that Marty And judd start to talk and Judd starts to talk about his dogs and Marty gives advice to Judd about how to take care of them and they start to bond even more

10. How Marty is acting toward Judd is very differently because in the beginning of the story he said that nobody messes with Judd Travers or else he will spit tabaco as close as he can to you and on page 115 it says “Way we’re raised around here,children don’t talk back to grown folks. Don’t hardly talk much at all ,in fact.Learn to listen , keep your mouth shut ,let the grown folks do the talking.And here I am ,shooting off my mouth at five -thirty in the morning to a man holding a rifle.”. I think that the way Marty and Judd changed is because of their bonding.I also think that Marty got courage because of the same thing.(bonding)

11. Judd changed because he saw Marty working hard for shiloh that’s why he gave shiloh to Marty.And he also change because he gave a caller to shiloh. And also for the first time Judd called the dog shiloh and also he said what are you going to do what that dog when its yours.Marty changed because he starts getting along with Judd.

12. marty has changed because in the novel that marty had changed by bing nice to marty and judd give shiloh to marty so thats how judd changed in the novel so that marty could get shiloh from judd so that marty could get shiloh from judd so that marty act cine of scared and then marty was help judd to get shiloh so that marty has changed like happy and joy full and not being nicie that he nose about judd I like about the story is that i like is that when marty gets shiloh from judd and i think that judd changed because he got shiloh.

13. Towards the end, Marty’s behavior changes. Marty does have more courage now compared to the beginning of the novel. Earlier in the novel, Marty would stutter when he is talking to Judd ,but now Marty has courage and he talks to Judd like if he was his enemy before he talked to him like a grown up. I think the reason Marty changed is because now, Marty can just say or not than I will tell the game warden you killed a doe, like on page 14 he talks to him bravely.

14. It was that Judd spits tobacco at any one he doesn’t lick. And Judd also cheated when he said in the book that he told the clerk that he gave him a twenty when he gave him a ten. And also when Marty saw Judd kill dear out of session.

15. What made Judd nicer was Marty because Judd saw Marty work so hard to get what he wont’s.what Marty was facing was when he had to lie to his family about shiloh and the squash?”And what Judd was facing was when judd killed the doe.the decisions Judd made was to give shiloh to Marty.

16. I think that Judd is now see how much Marty love Shiloh because if it wasn’t for Shiloh Marty will be like a boy with no heart and he won’t be doing all this thing for a dog and plus if Shiloh wasn’t here the family wouldn’t be happy and loving to each other and I think Judd is getting mad because everyone is love Shiloh. Marty is changing because when Judd was talking to Marty about Judd childhood and Marty is see why Judd being men to his dog because how his father use to hurt hard so Marty is now seeing why Judd is hurting his dogs