Paramedic for a Day

Paramedics and doctor unloading patient from ambulance

Imagine you are a paramedic for a day.  Write a journal entry about your day.  What emergencies were there and who did you help? 

10 thoughts on “Paramedic for a Day

1. As a paramedic my day was exciting. We received all lot of calls to go help people. There was a couple that got in a car accident. They needed to be rescue and get mouth to mouth. We got another call from someone having a heart attack. This was a sad one because it was someone older. We also went to school to give the kids a show of what we do. We receive many more calls and we did many more exciting jobs. I enjoyed being a paramedic because I saved millions of jobs.

2. As a paramedic it would be not so great because first someone calls you then another person calls you.Next you are driving to first persons accident. Then you drove to the other persons accident so thats why it is not so great to be a paramedic

3. I will like to help people, animals and other things that a paramedic can do. Special those days that a paramedic receive a lot of emergency calls., Helping people from accidents will be our goals and sometimes saving lives.

4. Today was a very long and tiring day as a paramedic. We received a lot of call today, one call came in about a car accident that involved three cars. There was ten people in the accident. Some weren’t hurt too bad others bad broken bones, and cuts. Another call we got was a little crazy we had to transport people who the firefighters saved from a burning building to the hospital. Now it’s time to for to rest until tomorrow.

5. Today I helped a guy that was in a car accident. I drove the ambulance really fast to get to the guy. The guy had a broken arm. I put gave him some medicine and took him quickly to the hospital.

6. My day went a good because I helped someone that is in trouble. I helped people that were hurt and that were burned and some of there family and rescue lives. I am happy because I help people. I would want to be an paramedic.

7. As a paramedic it was fun, we got a call that two cars crashed together and then we rushed there and about 3 or 4 people got hurt really bad . Then we went back . We checked them and they broke some people and we took their X-ray so those people stayed there over night and then we rested .So I picked up Mrs. Ngai, Noa, and Maika and we went together to get CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM Sunday . We had a really good day. I LOVE CHOCOLATE !!!!!!!!

8. It was a busy day because, we got a lot of calls to the emergency room . The first call was about a house on Sequoia Dr. caught on fire the reason they called us was because people got burned . When we got there two people were injured,so we took them to the emergency room for operation. The second call was about an office building that collapsed during an earth quake because of this we had to do an x-ray for broken bones. After that the person needed a cast for their broken rist so it can heal faster. After all the problems we went to a pizza party.

9. Being a paramedic was a hard day.I saved a person that was in a car crash and she went to the emergency room.I also saved a lady that wasn’t feeling good.This is why being a paramedic was a hard day.

10. It was a long day being a paramedic because there were a lot of calls. I had to help a boy that fell off his bike and hit his head. He fell asleep and could not wake him up so I had to take him to the emergency room. Another call was about a house fire. The dad rescued his family and had a burn on his arm so I took him to the emergency room so they can fix his arm.