Storytellers

storyteller

If you were a storyteller, what kinds of methods would you use?  Write about how you would tell your stories.

22 thoughts on “Storytellers

1. If I were a storyteller I would use expression and dialoge.I would tell my story the right way and I would try to make no mistakes.If it is scary I would say it slowly and spooky and if it is a sad story I would say it slowly and in a low voice and the rest I will say it how it has to be and I would also ask questions and say my stories with a happy ending.OH and I almost forgot i will also use action.

2. I f I were a storyteller i wouldn’t want my audience to get bored. So my method would be to always entertain no matter what. I would tell my stories by acting and making cool props. In each character I would make weird voices so the audience could laugh. For the most part I would give a lot of details so that the audience could really visualize each character. That would make my story better.

3. Today if I was a storie teller I would tell a storie about a monster that lived in the forest and ate all the campers who stayed in the forest for a picnic. With that storie i’m sure that I am going to scare them. I would not begin in the begining of the storie because i don’t whant them to be hearing the whole storie and the bored parts. I would not tell any thing true only things that are not true because I don’t want people to be thinking that my storie is not boring so I guess that would make my storie a fairy tale.
    At the end I will not have a happy endind.NO. I will have something like this,”and from that day on the monster of the woods is still alive. Traping people in his way. (THUNTER!!!!!!)

4. if I were a story teller I would add great dialouge and I would be telling great stories.I would tell stories about tricksters who trick them selves and scary stories.I would only tell the scary storys at night.I would tell all my favoite stories.I would even act it out or the people can visualize.I would would change my voice sometimes for the characters.I would amuse the people so they wont get bored.That is would do if I was a story teller.

5. I would put alot of dialouge and action to my story.I would also a lot of scary stories.I would act out the story so they won’t get bored.I would say ture stories about my family . I would be a great storyteller.

6. If I was a story -teller my story would be ” The Ghost on the Stairs.”
    Once upon a time,thirteen-year-old kid have moved to a house.His name was John and eleven-year-old sister Tania.their are typical kids ,but exept for the fact that Tania can communicate with ghosts.their mom and stepdad are scared about what was in the house.they had NIGHTMARE, NIGHTMARE!!! They said STOP!!
    likea millon times.they heard alots of sound when they go down stairs.they had no idea what was happening.

7. If I were a storyteller the methods I would use are expression,action,dialogue.I would also change my voice different ways so that I could amuse people.I would use all of those methods so that I could entertain people and so that people could have fun listening and visualizing the stories while they read them.The kind of stories I would read if I were a storyteller are scary,crazy,and hilarious stories.Oh,and the reason I would use these methods are so that my stories could sound exiting,great,and amazing.If I don’t add all of those methods then my story would sound super boring.I would really like my stories to be great so that I could be an exellent storyteller.Those are the methods and things that I would use and do if I were a storyteller.

8. If I were a storyteller I would tell the story depending on what type of story it is. For example if it is a scary story I would whisper at times, have some suspense. Maybe have different voice sounds for different parts. Make scary sounds to scare people. If it would have lots of emotions kind of act it out in a way. Show don’t tell, show how you feel what you are thinking. If it is a funny story I would ask questions like guess what and make my voice sound excited and make it funny and enjoyable.

9. If I were a story teller I would use a bunch of methods.Like if I were telling a funny story I would use my voice in a funny way so I could make little kids laugh.I would also have some audience help me tell the story by acting it out.Thats how I’ll be a story teller.

10. What methods would you use if your’re a storyteller?What methods should I use?!That’s a toughy I thinks I should show emotion when I’m telling a story.I would describe the surroundings and the people in my story. I would show a lot of expression.I would make sure their is suspense, romance,and horror. I would explaining what their doing and their feeling.If you want to be a fantastic storyteller than take my advice.

11. If I were a storyteller I would tell the story with felling.I would also act the story and change my voice when I am talking.If it was an exciting story I would show expretion in my voice. If it was a scary story I would lower my voice and make sounds when the people aren’t seen.

12. If I were a storyteller I would tell it in a funny way if it were funny and suspenceful if it were horror.I would tell them in a way that they can understand the story and how I feel it.

13. I will choose a story. I would talk about the characters in the story. I would draw pictures to make the story more exciting. I would make it fun by moving my hands. I hope everybody enjoys me telling the stories.

14. If I was a story teller I would go camping with some kids.Then we will build a tent and make a fire so we won’t be cold.Then I would tell the kids a horror story. Once there was a poor little kid hewas alway alone. Then all of a sudden he heard a noise. He said that it sounded like a sound of a snake. He looked around but no one was there. He heard it agin. He felt so scared. Til he heard it again and noticed that it was the conditior. This is what I would add to my stories so people won’t be bored and they can feel what the charcter in my story feels. So I will make them viulize some picture in there minds.

15. If I were a storyteller the methods I would use would be scary, funny,weird ones,and other stories. We would go camping get our tents ready and make a fire and drink hot chocolate. This is how a scary story would be One cold Winter December morning a girl was waking up but suddenly he heard footsteps in the stairs he went to go check and he saw white big foot steps in the stairs… A funny story will be like this One sunny rainbow day a little boy was flying his kite but suddenly his sister said “Mom is calling you.” So she got her kite and took it and then when the boy came back the boy saw that the girl was taking his kite so he did lots of trick and one of the tricks was throwing ketchup, mustered and cheese and other stories. I would say those stories so that kids can learn a lesson and have fun hearing the stories. I would also say all of those stories so that they won’t think that I’m boring. Those are some of the methods I would use. Which ones would you use? Would you ever like to tell stories?

16. suspense will make it better becaues it will make intense.it also can make it fun it can make it fun .it can make it sad .it can make it a good time.

17. If i were a storyteller I would tel a funny story and change the way I speak and if I had to be all the characters I would change my voice to deep or light.I would tell a scary story to scare the children but only at night and when it gets to a part were somebody gets scared in the story I will make a noise so the can scream or jump and give them goosebumps.

18. If I were a storyteller I would use a whole lot of methods that would bring my stories to life. I would raise my voice if I wanted to startle someone or if the character is excited in the story. But if it was a scary story I would …. talk verrrryyy slowly and the RAISE my voice or even make noises as I am telling the story.Like I would make funny noise crying, and laughter noises. Another method I would use is that I would gasp in the middle of tragedies, make a face expression that shows what the character is feeling. My favorite is to add dialogue so that you can hear or maybe feel a connection to what the ethos is feeling. Instead of starting the story with a question I might start it with at with action or the problem.

19. If I were a great storyteller I would do many things. I will first tell my name to the people and greet them. Then I’ll start with a spectacular title for the story. All the children will be so excitedabout the story. My story will be about teaching a lesson and entertaining. Then I’ll start my story with a setting. They will all stare at me and will want to know more. I will change my voice in different kind of parts. If children have questions or comments I will stop and listen to them. They will have amzing questions and comments. When they’re done I’ll continue with my story. I’ll be very speciffic with my story. I will also entertain the people. They will think that it is very amusing. When I’m finished with my story everyone will rise up in their feet and give a big applause. I’ll bow down and thank them.

20. if i were a story teller ill tell a story that has action and act them out like tell scary stories and have a person hide and make noise behind a bush and make him pop out the bushes and every body gets scared and we start to laugh and then ill add more diologe on a other story but the story i will tell a story but it wll be sad and thats why i like to tell story’s

21. If I was a storyteller I would tell stories with expression like this line on a book I read ”Oh really whole I don’t care!!!” just like that. People sometimes don’t even put in the effort to read with any expression. Sometimes people want to here the attitude with expression. I know that when I here someone do it with nothing of expression I get bored and feel sleepy. I love it when they read it with expression. Expression is good to use when you’re reading. I know that when you hear a story you want to hear really good expression.
    P.S. I know that when I read you will LOVE me.

22. It was morning and I woke up from sleeping all night. I was thinking of what story I should tell to the children when it’s story telling time. I thought to my self, ” Should I tell the children Little Red Riding Hood, Mary had a Little Lamb, Little Miss Muffet, The Three Little Pigs, or Snow White.”
    Then I walked to my job as a story teller. I walked in the room and then the children said excitedly,” Good morning Ms. Jimenez!” I said back,” Good morning boys and girls! Today I will read to you a story called The Three Little Pigs.” The kids yelled, “Yay!” So I picked children to be part of the play. So they an act out the play as I read the story. Lisa was pig number one, Bob was pig number two, Emilia was pig number three, Allan was the wolf, and Amy was the mama pig. So I started reading to the other children who weren’t in the play.
    I said, ” Once apon a time there were three little pigs. The mama pig sent the three little pigs to make their own house because they were to big to live in her house.”Linda raised her hand and said, ” Will the pigs survive? Is something destroy their houses?” I said , “You will find out while I keep on reading.” I continued reading, ” The first pig made his house out of straw. The second pig made his house out of straw. The third pig made his house out of bricks and cemant.” That was just the begining of the story so I asked, ” Class how do you like the story so far?” Mike said, ” I love it! Will something bad happed to the pigs.” I said, ” Mabey.” Diana said, ” I know the story can I tell it to the class?” I said, ” No! That will just ruin the whole point of the story.”
    Then I started reading, ” Sudently there was a big bad wolf hungry for the little pigs.” Sammy interupted and said, ” Ms. Jimenez! Ms. Jimenez! I said, ” Yes Sammy.” Sammy said,” I bet the wolf is going to eat the pigs and going to cook them in a big pot. With lots of sesonings and spices.” I said, ” Probably.” Then I kept on reading, ” So the big bad wolf went to the first pigs house and said, ” Little pig! Little pig! Let me in!” The pig said, ” Not on the hair on my chinny chin chin!” The wolf said, ” Than I will huff and puff and blow your house down!” So he blew the house down and the little pig ran for his life to the second pigs house. Who made his house out of branches. The wolf yelled, ” Little pigs! Little pigs! Let me in!” The pigs yelled, ” Not on the hair on our chinny chin chins!” The wolf said, ” Than I will huff and puff and blow your house down!” So the two pigs ran away to the third pigs house.” Janet said, ” Oh no! the wolf is going to eat the pigs. I hope the pigs don’t get eaten and if they do this is going to be a sad story.”
    “Now the story is almost over.” I told the class. They all yelled, ” No! After can we read a new story. I said, ” Mabey if we have enough time” I said, ” As they ran to the third pigs house which was made of cemant and bricks the wolf chaced after them.” Angie yelled, ” Oh no! The wolf is going to much them up for supper.” Anthony said, ” Shhhhhh! I want to hear the rest of the story.” The wolf yelled,” Little pigs! Little pigs! Let me in!” The three pigs said, ” not on the hairs on our chinny chin chins!” The wolf said, ” Then I will huff and puff and blow your house down. He tried and tried to blow the house down but it wouldn’t. Sothe wolf ran back into the woods with an empaty stomach. And the three little pigs lived happily ever after.
    I asked the children, ” How did you like the story?” All the children said, ” We loved it, it’s the best story ever!” Then every one left home and that was the day I was the end of my day of being a story teller.